Sunday 28 December 2008

And so, the journey begins.

Slowly, gently.

Cautious steps on unbroken snow. Letting the boat roll and rock underneath, taking the measure of the wind and the water before coaxing it under my control. Letting myself be bathed in the heat and glare of the lights, breathing warmth and confidence into me before walking onstage. Emerging from a long cramped voyage, savoring the smell and taste and feel of the new air.

I have an affinity for metaphors. I feel keenly, some might say too much. I love and despair of many things. I am an explorer and a homebody, a musician and a scientist, an impossible optimist and a crushing pessimist, selfless and self-absorbed, flighty and reliable. On a perpetual quest towards improvement, propelled by naivety and a strong belief in all that is good in the world.

I experience visions.
I experience music.
I experience life.


And it truly is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment